In Koh Lipe there are two very different climatic seasons:
- The dry season, effected by the north-east monsoon, begin in November and it ends in may. In this period Koh Lipe is often sunny and breezed by soft winds, and it’s perfect for classic holidays.
- The green season, effected by the south-west monsoon (coming from the Indian ocean), begin in mid may and it ends in October. It’s the best period to live and try to understand the Chao Leh culture.
HOW TO GET HERE
- Pakbara pier is the main gate to Koh Lipe.
To reach Pakbara from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi airport – BKK), we suggest you to fly early morning with AIR ASIA, NOK AIR or THAI AIRWAYS to Hat Yai airport and get a taxi
or a minibus to the pier (around 1 hour 30 min).
Alternatively you could fly from Bangkok (Don muang airport – DMK) with NOK
AIR to Trang airport and reach Pakbara pier in the same way.
The cost of an internal flight in Thailand is around 1800 baht (40/45 euro). Nowadays it’s easy to arrive in Koh Lipe:
From november to april there are several speedboats (1 hour 20 min) and ferries (3 hours) everyday from Pakbara. The cost of a speedboat trip is 650 baht.
In this season Lipe is also can
be reach also by TIGER LINE speedboat from:
- Phi Phi (7 hours), Koh Lanta (5 hours and 30 mins), Koh Ngai, Koh Muk, Hat Yao
beach, Koh Lao Liang and Koh Bulon (40 min)
- Langkawi (Malaysia) (1 hour)
island is connected by several MALAYSIAN AIRLINES fligts to
Kuala Lumpur and thus it makes another easy way to reach Koh
From may to october you still will find daily speedboats from Pakbara but the service from Koh Lanta and Langkawi is interrupted.
In Koh Lipe you will not find any bank or ATM.
The nearest bank and ATM is located in the small town of Langu, 9 km before Pakbara,
while in Pakbara pier has only ATM service..
We suggest to bring enough money with you; In the worse case you may change money in few resorts or travel agencies but you will pay an extra 4/6% fee.
A new clinic is located at the village; Here you will find everything concerning first aid. A very helpful doctor and a qualified nurse are running this clinic but it’s not a proper hospital; Every doctor is very welcome to register himself at the clinic. Thank you.
Mobile and internet connessions work often without problems… sometimes we have few minutes breaks… keep relax